Forget the nail salon visits. It’s time to pamper yourself at home with a Glamnetic manicure using our press-on nails. Acrylic nails are nice and gel nails can look lovely, but nothing beats the ease of a press-on mani.
We will walk you through the entire manicure process so that your hands and nails will look their best—no salon necessary.
Why Press-On Nails?
Press-ons are a nail lover’s dream come true. You can literally wear a different style, shade, or design whenever you want. Press-on nail sets have lots of different sizes in each box, so you can mix and match to find your perfect fit. You can even file the nails down to get the length you want.
Usually, you have the option to apply press-on nails with nail glue or nail adhesive sticker tape. Nail glue will hold the nails on longer for up to two weeks, while nail adhesive sticker tape lasts three to five days. Glamnetic press-on nails are waterproof and reusable, so it’s much less expensive to wear them than going to get your nails done at the nail salon. Plus, there’s no chipping!
If you have never worn press-on nails before, or you can’t decide which nail length and shape will feel best on your nails, take our handy nail quiz. That way, before you begin your manicure, you’ll know which nails you will be applying and have them ready to go. Whether you love the look of long coffin nails or you’re more of a short almond kind of gal, we’ve got you covered.
There are a lot of press-on nails available today, but Glamnetic nails are truly something you’ll obsess over. Application is easy, and the removal will be a cinch when you follow our easy guide for the removal process. Let’s get started!
Gather Your Supplies
If you’re a manicure beginner, don’t worry. Just follow these steps. First, you need to grab a few things. Some of these items will come with your Glamnetic press-on nail kit.
- Cuticle stick and cuticle oil: These will help clean up and hydrate your cuticles.
- Nail file and nail buffer: These are used to smooth out ridges and prep the nail surface.
- Exfoliant: This removes dead skin cells on your hands and leaves skin with a healthy glow.
- Alcohol prep pad or acetone: This cleans off oils, dust, and dirt from your nails and removes nail polish.
- Glamnetic press-on nails: Stiletto, almond, or gel nail art: choose your fav nail pack!
- Nail glue: This adheres the press-on nails to your natural nails.
- Hand cream and cuticle cream: Pamper your skin by removing dead skin cells and hydrating the skin and cuticles.
Create Your Manicure
Manicurists create flawless manicures in record time, but visiting the nail salon costs money and time. It’s time to grab your supplies and get started on your manicure at home.
Remove Old Nail Polish
If your nails have nail polish on them, remove the old polish with acetone. Make sure to remove all of the polish around the edges and under the nail.
Care For Your Cuticles
Cuticle care is crucial in creating the perfect manicure. Having your cuticles well-groomed makes your hands and nails look clean and pristine. Apply cuticle oil to your nails and gently push back your cuticles with the cuticle stick.
File & Buff
Grab your nail file and file down your natural nails to the desired length. Make sure to smooth away any rough edges or ridges.
Next, buff the top of your nail plate using your nail buffer, removing the natural shine. Buffing will help the glue and press-on nail stay on longer.
If you want to file down your reusable nails to a shorter length, carefully do so now. Glamnetic press-on nails can be filed to the size and shape you want.
Exfoliate & Hydrate
Exfoliate your hands and forearms with an exfoliant. Gently massage in circular movements for about a minute, making sure to pay special attention to the dry areas around your hands, knuckles, and elbows. After about one minute, rinse your hands and arms with warm water.
Next, apply the hand cream to your hands and elbows. Pamper yourself by using this time to relax. Massage the cream into your fingers and the palms of your hands, making your way up to your elbows.
Remove Oils From Nails
Remove the oils and excess cream from your nails with the alcohol prep pad. Your fingernails should be clean and dry for the false nails to adhere best.
Apply Press-On Nails
Lay your press-on nails out in front of you in the order in which you will apply them—from thumbnail to pinky fingernail. Apply a thin layer of glue to your fingernail and the press-on nail, and lay the faux nail onto your natural nail. For the absolute best press, hold for ten seconds.
Continue the process on each fingernail. If you want to add some extra oomph to your nail look, you can even use nail glue to add extra crystals or other embellishments to your nails.
Hydrate Your Hands
Your nails are applied, and your hands look fire. Now apply cuticle cream to your cuticles and hand cream to your hands a second time to leave your hands velvety soft and smooth.
Voila! You have created a trendy manicure at home, and your besties will swear you’ve been to the nail salon. Best of all, Glamnetic press-on nails look great for up to two weeks with no chipping!
Remove the Press-On Nails
When you are ready to remove your claws, follow these steps. Don’t damage your natural nails by peeling, biting, or popping off your press-on nails. The removal of your press-ons should never ruin your nail bed. Removing your Glamnetic press-on nails is just as easy as applying them. Follow these easy-peasy steps for removal:
- Fill a bowl with warm water, soap, and oil. Any oil such as cuticle oil, baby oil, or argan oil will work.
- Allow your nails to soak for about ten minutes.
- Gently pry off your press-on with a cuticle stick or an extra nail.
- That’s it! You can apply a new set of press-on nails now or go au naturale!
Gel Nail Manicure
If you prefer gels and the look of a shorter trendy nail set, follow these tips for a durable Glamnetic gel sticker manicure.
Get the Gel Look
The steps for the gel manicure are similar to the steps for the press-on manicure, with a few tweaks. Let’s get started.
- Remove old nail polish with a nail polish remover and a cotton ball.
- File your natural nails and any ridges you may have. Use your nail buffer to buff away the natural shine on the top of your nail plate. Doing this will help the gel sticker adhere best to your natural nail.
- Exfoliate your hands and arms with an exfoliant while paying close attention to dry, rough areas like your elbows.
- Apply moisturizer to your hands, arms, and elbows.
- Wipe away residue from your fingernails with the alcohol prep pad. Make sure your nails are clean and dry.
Now it’s time to apply these gel nail stickers—a collaboration with LILHUDDY.
- Select the gel sticker you want to apply first. Make sure the width of the sticker matches the width of your nail.
- Peel the sticker from the sheet and apply it directly to your nail. Stretch the sticker if needed to get the perfect fit.
- Smooth the sticker from the cuticle to the edge and press down firmly for three to five seconds.
- File off any excess sticker with the nail file.
- Use the Glamnetic UV lamp to cure the nails for one to three minutes. This step is optional, but for a longer-lasting application, we recommend the UV curing process.
Remove Gel Stickers
Removing the gel stickers is super easy! Simply soak a cotton pad in acetone and press it down firmly on the nail for about 45 seconds. This will help loosen the gel’s grip on your nail.
After soaking, gently slide the sticker outward off the nail by using a cuticle stick. Remove any excess gel from your nail with an acetone-soaked pad. Repeat this process with each nail.
Glamnetic Press-On Nail Styles
Glamnetic press-on nails come in many on-trend styles. Some of our faves are celebrity-inspired. If you like French manicures, check out our Damn Ma nails for a classic look, or the Purpsicle set for something with a little more oomph. We have a nail shade for everyone.
Wrapping It Up
Having the perfect manicure doesn’t mean you have to go to the nail salon or spend lots of money. Glamnetic makes it easy for you to have the nails you want anytime.
Check out our nail collections, post a pic of your mani, and tag us in it. We’d love to feature your nail creation on our IG!