Don’t we all love to get our nails painted in gorgeous patterns and colors that complement our outfits? However, not all of us have the time and energy for regular manicures at salons, do we? Moreover, nail treatments can get expensive pretty quickly!
Is there a way to get a 5-star manicure at home? Yes, with press-on nails!
Super convenient, long-lasting, and affordable, top-quality press-on nails are uncannily identical to expensive gel manicures at the salon. They come in a range of shapes, sizes, styles, colors, designs, and thicknesses for you to experiment with.
When it comes to removing them safely, the process can get a little tricky. Don’t worry. We have one quick solution that lets you remove them in a jiffy — dental floss!
Removing Press-on Nails With Floss
There are two ways you can use floss to remove your press-on nails at home: with the assistance of argan oil or by solely using floss.
Using Argan Oil
For this process, you’ll need dental floss, a cuticle stick, and argan oil or nail oil.
- Fill a bowl with water and add a mixture of toothpaste and argan oil.
- Soak your fingers into the mixture until the adhesive starts to dissolve and the press-on nail can be gently pushed off from the edges with a cuticle stick.
- Further loosen the nail by wiggling the cuticle stick carefully around the perimeter of your nail. If the edges remain firmly plastered on, add more argan oil around your nail to speed up the process.
- Once at least one side gets detached, slide some floss under the loose end and pull it towards you in a gentle back and forth motion. Do not yank the floss away. Instead, use minimal force to pull the floss towards the tip of your nail.
- After you’ve pulled off the press-on nail, coat your nail bed with argan oil to combat any dryness. You can also use argan oil to take care of any residue on your nail.
Using Floss Only
If you don’t have any argan oil, no problem. You can remove your press-ons with a cuticle stick, dental floss, and a friend who can help you out.
For this method to work, the key is to wait until your nails start growing beneath the press on nails so they start to lift slightly around the edges. This creates a gap between your natural nails and the fake ones, allowing you to loosen the bond between them easily.
Although you can do this on your own, it’s best to ask for someone’s help to make it easier.
- Use a cuticle stick to make a small cut or space between the press-on nail and your natural nail bed.
- Once a gap appears between your natural nail and the press-on nail, insert the floss under it. A good length is around 12 to 15 inches of floss. Although you can use your other hand to sandwich the floss between your natural nail and press-on, it’s better to get someone to help you so you don’t hurt yourself in the process.
- Gently move the floss in a careful sawing motion until it comes off.
After Care Methods
After removing your press-ons, you may be left with some glue and gum residue on your real nails. Generously apply cuticle oil on your nails and nail beds to gently care for them and smoothen the edges of your nails with a glass nail file.
Wash your hands with soap and apply a hydrating moisturizer to your hands.
Best Press-On Nails from Glamnetic
If you’re looking for some gorgeous and vibrant press-on nails to flaunt this season, check out Glamnetic’s extensive collection of nail sets and bundles.
These chocolate brown cow print patterns on a milky white base can add a fun look to your natural short, round nail shape.
This eye-catching pattern is unique, trendy, and delightful but subtle enough to be worn to the office.
Featuring a natural pink base with gorgeous brown and beige swirls, these Boogie Brown press-on nails are perfect for a timeless yet trendy look. Attractive, unique, and Insta-worthy, its versatile retro vibes are perfect for any occasion, from date nights to the office.
Love the moon, stars, and everything related to space? Here’s your chance to sport a stellar look that reminds one of deep space! Featuring a glossy yet deep mix of pink, purple, and blue, these medium-length, pointed almond-shaped nails are embedded with glitter and have a holographic finish that will flatter any hand.
Here’s an exciting take on solid-colored nails. These plain black press-on nails are classic, timeless, and can make your nails look effortlessly flawless. Short and almond-shaped, these glossy press-on nails are perfect for everyday wear and special occasions. If you’re after a minimalist and sophisticated look, these nails should definitely be part of your outfit!
Featuring a rich cocoa-colored glossy finish, these gorgeous short round press-on nails are sugar, spice, and everything nice! This pack comes with four solid brown nails and a heart-accented nail layered with beige and brown hues for an attractive, unique touch.
These short, pointed almond-shaped nails with a semi-transparent finish are perfect for channeling the winter goddess in you. Frosty, fresh, and funky, these sparkly press-on nails have holographic tips while the rest of the nails have a subtle nude color.
Delicate, sweet, and classy, these short round nails are perfect for a night out with your girls or a day in the office. Featuring a light, creamy, and nude finish, this press-on nail pack comes with two marble-accented nails on the ring and forefingers to give it some understated pizzaz.
Featuring a semi-transparent base and electrifying, neon-colored yellow tips, these salon-inspired coffin-shaped nails can effortlessly make your look more fun and interesting. The color combination reminds us of the 80s but is more toned down.
These nude nails with deep brown-red tips put a new twist on classic French tips. They’re eye-catching yet subtle enough to go from happy hour to work in a pinch.
These are only a handful of the press-on nails available at Glamnetic. Every Glamnetic nail kit comes with 30 nails of various sizes, a cuticle stick, nail glue, an alcohol pad, and a double-sided nail file for the perfect press-on application.
♡SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR 15% OFF YOUR GLAMNETIC PURCHASE!♡