You’ve found the perfect set of magnetic lashes, but they are a bit too wide for your eyes. Now what? There’s no need to worry because false lashes can be trimmed to custom fit your eyes.
All of the Glamnetic magnetic lash sets are designed to fit your eyes right out of the box. But if you do need to trim your lashes because they’re too wide, you can do so quickly in just a few steps.
Steps for the Perfect Lash Trim
Trimming your lashes shouldn’t cause any anxiety, and you don’t have to be a hairstylist to do it. It is super easy to cut your false lashes, and it won’t damage them if you do it carefully.
Choose Your Lash
Decide which type of look you are trying to achieve. Do you want a more natural everyday look, or are you craving that all-out glamorous, fluttery style? Let’s take a look at a few of these Glamnetic lash styles.
- Want a natural lash? Livin’ will give your eyes a subtle wispy vibe that’s perfect for wearing every day.
- Do you crave drama? You’ll adore Lush! The length and volume on this set are something to party over.
- Feeling in between? Try Bella. This magnetic lash set is wispy, classy, and sweet.
Once you have your lash set chosen, you’ll need to grab a few more items to complete the lash application process.
Grab Your Lash Tools
The whole application process, including the trim, won’t take long. Make sure you have these items handy to make the process run smoothly.
- Glamnetic magnetic eyelashes
- Mini lash and brow scissors
- Magnetic Liner
- Lash Applicator (this is optional)
- SOO Clean! makeup remover pen (just in case of mistakes)
Measure Your Lashes
Lashes should fit your eyes perfectly for them to look their best. First, we will walk you through the steps on how to make sure your lashes fit comfortably. Here’s how to do this
- Grab one of your new, clean lashes carefully with your lash applicator.
- Hold the lash up to your lash line, allowing the inner corner to touch where your lashes begin.
- Lay the lash strip across the rest of your lash line to measure.
- The lash strip should measure the same width as your natural eyelashes. If the lash strip is longer than your natural lash line, then you need a little trim.
- Remember that you will always be trimming from the outer corner, where the lashes are longest. Lashes are longer on the outer corner on some lash styles, so this might affect how you trim them.
If your false lashes are the same width or just a tad shorter than your natural lashes, then congrats! You won’t need to trim a thing. Should you need to trim, follow the following super easy steps.
Trim Your Magnetic Lashes
Not every lash set will need a trim, so measure each new set you will be wearing before you take the plunge with the scissors. Trimming your lashes is a whole event.
You will only be cutting a tiny amount from the lashes, and remember never to trim the lashes while you are wearing them. Doing so can result in the accidental trimming of your natural lashes, or even worse, damage to your eyes. Ouch!
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get started!
- Begin by holding your Glamnetic magnetic lash (work with one at a time) in your lash applicator or a pair of tweezers.
- Grab your brow or lash scissors and carefully trim one magnet from the outer side of the lash band.
- You will need to trim just one magnet from the outer corner of the lash. Trim between the magnets to remove one magnet.
That’s it! Now repeat steps one through three on the other lash, and you’ll be ready to apply your lashes to your lash line with the magnetic liner.
Apply Your Trimmed Magnetic Lashes
When your lashes are trimmed and ready to go, it’s time to apply your lashes. Applying magnetic lashes is a breeze. First, you’ll need to use the magnetic liner.
Create the Perfect Magnetic Line
Magnetic liner is the magic that adheres the magnetic lash to the lash line. One of the best things about using magnetic liner instead of glue is that it doesn’t contain harsh chemicals.
The main ingredient, iron oxide, is FDA-approved for use in cosmetics. Magnetic lashes are considered the safest lashes on the market today. The magnetic liner comes in classic black and a rainbow of other trendy colors. Application is easy.
- Grab your magnetic felt-tipped pen or liquid liner and shake the bottle for about ten seconds. Shaking the product will help to activate the magnetic properties in the liner.
- Create a line with the stamp and drag method. Draw a line with your liner across your upper lash line by stamping down and dragging it across. Make the line on your upper lash line as thick as the magnets on the lash band.
- Draw a wing on the outer corner of your eye with the liner for added drama. Build the line thicker as you go.
Repeat all steps on the opposite eye. Allow the liner to remain on your lash line until it is about 80% dry. Do a touch test by touching the liner to make sure it doesn’t transfer to your finger. The liner should not be wet when you apply the lashes.
Apply the Glamnetic Magnetic Lashes
After your magnetic liner is applied, you’re ready to apply the false lashes.
- Grab your magnetic lashes with your fingers or a lash applicator and align the lash band to the liner. The lashes will jump onto the liner because of the magnetic attraction.
- Press the lashes down and into the band to ensure it has made complete contact with the liner. Repeat on the other eye.
- Perform a pull test to make sure that the lashes are placed securely.
Ta-da! Your lashes are legit.
There are many lash styles to choose from, so finding your perfect fit is easy.
Trimming your magnetic lashes is much easier than it sounds. You will never need to cut much, if any. Always measure each set against your eyes before trimming. When trimming your lashes, you will be removing just one magnet from each lash band. Always cut from the outer corner of the lashes.
Magnetic liner is the “glue” that holds your lashes in place. Apply a line as thick as the magnets to achieve perfect attraction and a firm grip between the lash and the magnetic liner.
Lay the lashes over the liner, and voila! You’ve got a new set of peepers. Glamnetic magnetic lashes will take your look from good to fab in just a few minutes, because you can never be too glamorous!
Sources:How to apply false eyelashes: expert fake eyelash application tips | Cosmopolitan